Kuuga

Here, There, Everywhere, discuss anything here
Ishmael

Kuuga

Postby Ishmael » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:32 pm

A while ago, I bragged about finding two subbed versions of Kuuga online. One was on a page full of raws, with fans from various forums providing translations for different episodes. The other was HK subs on Veoh.

Well, apparently a group calling themselves the Midnight Crew wasn't satisfied with that. In a little over a month, they translated and uploaded the entirety Kamen Rider Kuuga, finishing their last episode two days ago. Even with one notable event where they translated and put up seven episodes in a single day.

Hats off to them, folks. I've never seen anything like it.
Kaiju

Re: Kuuga

Postby Kaiju » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:21 pm

Yes, they post it/them on HJU. Just hoping the translation is all up to par.
harryumotust

Postby harryumotust » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:06 pm

I had a very bad feeling when I watched English subtitled Kuuga Episode 13 version 1 from Midnight Crew.
But their translations of later episodes are just great.
Ishmael

Postby Ishmael » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:34 am

They eventually redid the first few translations.

I haven't sat down to watch them yet, but that's only because I promised a friend I'd plow through Sengoku Basara first.
Fizzgig

Postby Fizzgig » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:22 am

I've just got to ep 40 of Kuuga, and i have to say it lives up to its rep as one of the best Kamen Rider shows. Midnight Crew's subs aren't the smoothest ever, but they certainly do the job, and the speed they subbed at was nothing short of amazing.

My thoughts on Kuuga...

It's one of the best partly because of how well-written it is. Partly i mean the cool concept and the unusually soilid plot, but also the nuts-and-bolts stuff is well done. The episodes flow well one into the other, without any of the unclear timelines common in toku shows, and while the characters aren't complex i find most of them likeable (and i don't hate the comedy characters... Nana-chan is cute!).

The cast is pretty cool too. Not only Odagiri Joe (nice to see a Heisei Rider who's a bit more macho!), but the backing cast is full of babes (especially Sawatari and the Rose Grongi) and the villains are really fun in either form. My least favourite character is Ichijou, but hey, he's a copper, innit?
Ishmael

Postby Ishmael » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:30 pm

I just wish the Grongispeak was translated.

I also wish they continued Agito like they started.

EDIT: Hint to self, drink coffee before posting.

To continue, I really wish that the actor behind Kuuga didn't despise it so much. Sure it isn't the romantic dramas he's used to acting in, but still. At least he did a good job of it, right?

I like Ichijo just fine. He seems like a pretty cool guy, from where I'm at, but I keep getting distracted while watching the series. It's annoying, but I'm only up to episode seven! C'mon!

I wish more Heisei Riders used their bikes like Kuuga did. Maybe it's because of Ishinomori's involvement, but Kuuga's use of the bike is pretty awesome, even when it's just to move from place to place. Now, where the bikes don't get disguised or they transform in combat... That isn't as interesting to me.
Last edited by Ishmael on Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaiju

Postby Kaiju » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:33 pm

Ishmael wrote:I just wish the Grongispeak was translated.

I also wish they continued Agito like they started.

EDIT: Hint to self, drink coffee before posting.

Think they have plans to continue Agito, just probably won't be done at the speed Kuuga was.
Ishmael

Postby Ishmael » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:39 pm

I certainly don't blame them. I've seen the process you subbers go through, and anyone who did it that swiftly would surely burn out. It's why I'm happy with the average speed everyone else has, because at least I know they aren't gonna crash and burn in the middle of a series.