Ultraman Gaia at last!

The Giant... or Light!
masonwerx

Ultraman Gaia at last!

Post by masonwerx » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:03 pm

This may be kind of a pointless post, but I just wanted to give a big thanks to your group for starting subbing Ultraman Gaia.

I have all the episodes raw and I'm glad to finally get a couple with subs. The great effects in the show only hold my attention for so long. Now that I can understand the dialogue it makes the show infinitely better.

Great job! I hope you guys can keep the good work going!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank You!
Exodus

Re: Ultraman Gaia at last!

Post by Exodus » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:23 pm

I'm glad someone likes it... not to many people do... especially the way I did it... Gaia is Epic... the quantum physics in a kids show is ridiculous though...
ultrasanto

Post by ultrasanto » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:09 am

i m very excited that you are doing ULTRAMAN GAIA

it has one of the best storyline of any Ultraman series...
and after watching the horrible kiddie-oriented Ultraman GINGA
GAIA is a sight for sore eyes.....

thank you guys...i hope you continue to sub the series....
masonwerx

Post by masonwerx » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:08 am

I just watched the 3rd episode. I'm liking it alot so far. Its shaping up to be just as good as Tiga, if not better.

Great job on the subs and the video quality is good. Hooray again.
okazakikazoku

Post by okazakikazoku » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:38 pm

Project is dead?
Kaiju

Post by Kaiju » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:43 pm

okazakikazoku wrote:Project is dead?
Yes and no. Because of Crunchyroll's onus to translate/subtitle a few Ultraman shows, we have put Gaia and Dyna on hiatus. Crunchyroll may up and do more Ultraman in the future. We don't know. We've been "undercut", for lack of a better term, on a number of projects we have started. It's quite disheartening, frustrating, waste of time,effort,energy blah blah blah. So for now, you may as well consider it dead. If enough time goes by and we feel secure enough it probably won't be getting a legit sub, we will start it up again. Or something like that heh. Live long and use the force.
Pointer

Post by Pointer » Sun May 24, 2015 3:48 am

I spoke with folks running the CR booth at Anime Boston last month. While they didn't leak anything official, it was pretty clear that more Ultra shows were coming at some point (I got a lot of "if you like what we've done so far, stay tuned"). Chatting with other friends who are tied to CR, the favorite money seems to be on Heisei-era shows. I'd be really surprised to see Ginga or later (though the scripts are so childish they'd be easier to translate). My guess is that either Dyna or Gaia could be streaming from them at some point.

Meh. Your subs are so much better.
Kaiju

Post by Kaiju » Sun May 24, 2015 5:11 am

Pointer wrote:I spoke with folks running the CR booth at Anime Boston last month. While they didn't leak anything official, it was pretty clear that more Ultra shows were coming at some point (I got a lot of "if you like what we've done so far, stay tuned"). Chatting with other friends who are tied to CR, the favorite money seems to be on Heisei-era shows. I'd be really surprised to see Ginga or later (though the scripts are so childish they'd be easier to translate). My guess is that either Dyna or Gaia could be streaming from them at some point.

Meh. Your subs are so much better.
Well, hmm that's disappointing they'll do Hesei stuff heh. I'd rather see Showa things turn up. But seems it was a good call on our part to cease doing Dyna and Gaia for that very possibility. Thanxxx for the info.
Pointer

Post by Pointer » Sun May 24, 2015 6:25 am

The only thing that seems likely is that more CR-Ultra is coming. The rumors on it being Heisei-era is certainly backed up by their current product (including Max and Mebius).
Pointer

Post by Pointer » Mon May 25, 2015 6:32 pm

Another, more recent bit of news/rumor that suggests CR is ramping up toku licensing for future releases.

https://maserpatrol.wordpress.com/2015/ ... ews-recap/