Introducing Myself Here....

Tell us and other members about yourself.
DerGolem

Introducing Myself Here....

Post by DerGolem » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:44 pm

Hello to everyone at hinotori-fansubs.com!

So first off I don't give out my actual name on forums, only in PMs and the only if we are having a personal conversation where such familiarity seems appropriate. I can tell you, however, that I am 24-years-old and grew up in the 90s watching MMPR on Fox and classic Showa era Godzilla movies on TNT. This instilled within me a lifelong love of Japanese sci-fi and fantasy film and television which I have retained to this very day.

For the most part I have primarily been interested in the Toho Godzilla series and other related Kaiju film series such as Gamera. I spend a good deal of time talking about these films over at Classic Horror Film Boards where I also go by the user-name DerGolem.

A while back I bought the complete original Ultraman series and watched it all the way through. This sparked a renewed interest in the Japanese superhero genre which I began researching. Along the way I began watching subbed episodes of Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger and discovered how much more strange and fascinating the original Japanese series was then what I had grown up with. With the release of Power Rangers Samurai earlier this year I decided for the first time to fully commit to watching a Super Sentai series all the way through and a few months ago managed to finish all of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger which I absolutely loved.

I am however not much of a fan of Power Rangers anymore. In the same way that I now find it nearly impossible to watch the American re-edits of certain early Godzilla films I now find it almost impossible to enjoy Power Rangers. I have seen a few episodes of PR Samurai and even when not comparing to the original Super Sentai series am astounded by just how bad it is. Of course when compared to the original Super Sentai series it comes off as nothing less than a travesty.

Anyway, I've joined this site because I enjoy the work that the fine folks at HnT do and want to thank them and contribute to the conversation on these boards. I also have a request concerning the sub of the Kaiju movie Raiga which I have posted in the discussion thread for that film.

I hope I can provide a new and insightful voice here and look forward to time spent posting.
Kaiju

Re: Introducing Myself Here....

Post by Kaiju » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:47 am

Welcome to our forums and thank you. Hopefully we can fix your Raiga problem. It is on Cinemageddon, if you happen to be a member there. If not, we'll figure out something so you will be able to download. :)
DerGolem

Post by DerGolem » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:34 pm

Thanks Kaiju.

Actually oddly enough my Raiga problem has been resolved.

I guess I should explain. See last night I went to empty my Recycling Bin and low and behold there were six - six! - copies of Raiga in .avi format in there. I have no idea how that happened. Why were they getting sent to Recycling? I certainly didn't ask winrar to do that. Its never done that before. It was very strange. Anyway I grabbed one from the bin, made sure it was all there, and then deleted the rest.

I feel rather foolish and bad for bothering you all with this problem only to discover that I had six .avi copies of Raiga in the trash. Again I have no idea how that happened. I am happy to have an .avi copy of Raiga now.

Thanks again.
Kaiju

Post by Kaiju » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:49 pm

DerGolem wrote:Thanks Kaiju.

Actually oddly enough my Raiga problem has been resolved.

I guess I should explain. See last night I went to empty my Recycling Bin and low and behold there were six - six! - copies of Raiga in .avi format in there. I have no idea how that happened. Why were they getting sent to Recycling? I certainly didn't ask winrar to do that. Its never done that before. It was very strange. Anyway I grabbed one from the bin, made sure it was all there, and then deleted the rest.

I feel rather foolish and bad for bothering you all with this problem only to discover that I had six .avi copies of Raiga in the trash. Again I have no idea how that happened. I am happy to have an .avi copy of Raiga now.

Thanks again.
Not a problem, just glad it got solved in whichever/however manner. Enjoy the movie!