Hello and thank you!

Tell us and other members about yourself.
Brendan

Hello and thank you!

Post by Brendan » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:03 am

Hi, my name's Brendan, and I live about fifteen minutes from San Francisco. I joined the forums here mainly so I could say a big "thank you" to you folks for your fine efforts. I spent my childhood watching Ultraman, Space Giants, Johnny Sokko, and Spectreman on KTVU Channel Two here in the SF Bay Area in the 1970s.

Back then, I coveted all the Japanese hero toys that I'd see at SF's Japan Town, but the thought of actually being able to watch an episode of Kamen Rider or Ultra Seven was just a dream, as we didn't even really have VCRs in those days, and those shows were never really broadcast in my area.

More recently, I've been able to see clips of those and other shows on YouTube, but sans subtitles.

Now, thanks to your efforts, I have been able to watch entire episodes of Ultra Seven and Kamen Rider Amazon and understand what the stories are about, for the first time in my life!

Your fan subs are definitely on par with the very best official subs I've seen of any foreign TV shows or movies, and certainly better than most of the official subs I've seen for most Asian material. Again, thank you very much!
harryumotust

Re: Hello and thank you!

Post by harryumotust » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:52 pm

Welcome to the forum.

We are slow. Ultraseven was aired in 1967 but we haven't finished it yet.
Terribly hot summer has come again in my place. But I'm still alive.
Eventually you'll see Ultraseven episode 09. Enjoy.
Brendan

Post by Brendan » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:53 am

Hey, I'm not complaining!
harryumotust

Post by harryumotust » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:02 am

I know you are not complaining. Just enjoy.
Brendan

Post by Brendan » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:46 am

Question: I saw in the rules that you don't want anybody re-naming, altering, or selling your files, but how do you feel about people sharing them on torrent sites? I know there are a lot of people on Demonoid, for example, who would love to have some of your treasures. I certainly won't upload them there without your permission, though.
Exodus

Post by Exodus » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:13 am

Yeah... there is no problem re-distributing our subz... just announce us [HnT] in any kind of discription... and the files aren't edited... in any kind of way...
Brendan

Post by Brendan » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:38 am

Glad to hear it! In that case, maybe I'll upload some stuff to Demonoid once I get around to it. Rest assured I will give you folks proper credit!
Kaiju

Post by Kaiju » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:53 am

Brendan wrote:Glad to hear it! In that case, maybe I'll upload some stuff to Demonoid once I get around to it. Rest assured I will give you folks proper credit!
Much obliged my good man, much better to share it where you know people will enjoy it, rather than... nevermind, I'm on vacation, I won't say what I want too hehe. (The group will know where I was headed with this hehe)
Brendan

Post by Brendan » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:20 am

Ultra Seven has been uploaded to Demonoid. Here's what I wrote in the description of the torrent:
Here are the first eight episodes of Ultra Seven, which was the follow-up series to Tsuburaya Production's wildly popular Ultraman.

Audio is in Japanese, with excellent English subtitles provided by the people at Hi no Tori Fansubs.

Their translations are truly a labor of love, and they request that you PLEASE do not re-name these files, edit, or alter them in any way, and please don't try to sell them.
In the folder containing the movie files, I included the following "read me" file:
These videos were lovingly subtitled by the good people at http://www.hinotori-fansubs.com/

They request that you please do not re-name these files or edit or alter them in any way. And of course, please do not attempt to sell them.

Thank you!
GeraldbOb

Hello and thank you

Post by GeraldbOb » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:35 pm

Hello and welcome to the board. Have a doughnut. offers Amithyst Stone a doughnut Also dont lick electric fences. Hope you enjoy your stay here.