Beyond toku : how about some Super Robot anime classics ?

Want to see something? Do you see something we need to improve on? Place all suggestions here!
utiti

Beyond toku : how about some Super Robot anime classics ?

Post by utiti » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:49 pm

Hey there y'all. I'm the guy who recently resurrected the Raideen thread. From what Exodus told me, both Raideen and Great Mazinger are off-limits because /m/subs has some sort of prevalence over these series (they started GM and took over Raideen from Shin-Getter).

But it got me thinking about other series of the same type and time period, namely :

- Danguard Ace. The first two episodes subbed by Pterosaur in the prehistoric times of VHS tape might still be available on stream here and there, as well as the Toeiscope short-running movies, but I've never seen other episodes subbed in english. The Force Five dub was recently posted on YT (and I'm not even sure it included the whole run), but it's been removed.

- Gaiking. The original, not the remake with the 12-year-olds. Same as Danguard : the Force Five dub was shot down by YT police not long ago. Never saw english subs for it, ever. Maybe an ARR first episode release exists, but it's not on any DDL or streaming site I know.

I'm actually surprised that nobody's tried their hand at these two. Maybe there's a group already working on them that I'm not aware of ?
utiti

Re: Beyond toku : how about some Super Robot anime classics

Post by utiti » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:23 pm

Oh well. It seems that the Skaro Hunting Society considered Gaiking for like five seconds, and suddenly, Discotek Media announced they would release the whole 44-episode series in Japanese with English subtitles, sometime in 2016.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ime/.90910

It would be nice for European fans like myself if they could negociate the rights for a Zone 0 release. Of course, most of these classic robot shows are released in Italy on Zone 2 discs, but not all of us speak Italian... while English is kind of mandatory if you want to enjoy classic anime.
Killerix

Re: Beyond toku : how about some Super Robot anime classics ?

Post by Killerix » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:51 am

I am very pleased to bring you this great story to share.
TokuFan33

Re: Beyond toku : how about some Super Robot anime classics ?

Post by TokuFan33 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:19 am

Hey! What about God Sigma or Albegas? I only found episode 1 of Albegas on YouTube. But unfortunately,it's dubbed in Arabic and subbed in English. As for God Sigma,ARR has only subbed episode 1. I'm hoping that Luurah will start subbing the series one of these days but I'm not too sure if they will do it.
MarvinWrima

Beyond toku how about some Super Robot anime classics

Post by MarvinWrima » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:56 am

maybe I should have said "Could someone/admin not add some new BBcode via the ACP?