Other Tsuburaya series (Fireman, Mirrorman, etc)

Want to see something? Do you see something we need to improve on? Place all suggestions here!
Pointer

Other Tsuburaya series (Fireman, Mirrorman, etc)

Post by Pointer » Sat May 23, 2015 3:43 pm

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere and I just haven't tripped over them yet with the "search" feature.

Curious as to your thoughts on other Tsuburaya series as possible next shows to tackle. Completely understand the "undercut" risks whether from streaming services or other potential release channels. Recently, "Jumborg Ace" got the Malaysian sub treatment (painful) and was mentioned in Chaiyo's latest press release, so I'm sure that one is off the table. What are your thoughts on scripts for "Fireman", "Mirrorman" and "Operation: Mystery"?

Thanks again. Would like to PM you folks but I guess I need to post more before that feature kicks in.
Exodus

Re: Other Tsuburaya series (Fireman, Mirrorman, etc)

Post by Exodus » Sat May 23, 2015 4:07 pm

You may be surprised what's commin'... soonish... My thoughts are very positive on other Tsuburya offerings. Especial something obscure which is what I'm workin' on now. Actually it's something that we tried to do when we first started this group, but no translator was interested... I think only a handful of fans will dig it... if that... I won't say what it is til it's finished... but that's statin' the obvious.
Pointer

Post by Pointer » Sat May 23, 2015 7:34 pm

That's awesome news! I wish I could do more than just clap my hands with glee, but my Japanese is only good enough to speak with toddlers or with business folks after last call at the sake bar. (Even timing would be a stretch for me.) So I guess for now, all I can offer is more cheering.

If you can think of anything else you need, let us know!
Bakamonster

Post by Bakamonster » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:15 am

I would be really happy to see at least one subbed Mirrorman episode, it's one of my favorites. ;)

They have episode #1 at Naya Torrents, but it's got no seeders. :(
Exodus

Post by Exodus » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:24 am

Mirrorman Reflex got the sub treatment... semi sequel/update... whatever you wanna call it... albeit HK... it's worth a laugh... erm... I mean 'look...'
Bakamonster

Post by Bakamonster » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:03 am

Really? I should go seek that out. That had some pretty cool scenes in it and I've only watched it raw. I liked how how it seemed they had replaced the sci-fi element with a more mystical one.

Actaully, I kind of want to go watch it again now. :D
ultramanmac

Post by ultramanmac » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:41 pm

I would also recommend Mirrorman or Silver Mask after Fireman's completion.
Kaiju

Post by Kaiju » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:58 pm

Bakamonster wrote:Really? I should go seek that out. That had some pretty cool scenes in it and I've only watched it raw. I liked how how it seemed they had replaced the sci-fi element with a more mystical one.

Actaully, I kind of want to go watch it again now. :D
Reflex has an English HK subtitle, you're basically better off watching it raw.

Image Image
Bakamonster

Post by Bakamonster » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:45 pm

Kaiju wrote:
Reflex has an English HK subtitle, you're basically better off watching it raw.
Yeah, I see what you mean. My mind is probably going to be trying to make sense of that sentence till next month. :shock:
harryumotust

Post by harryumotust » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:55 pm

The business entity who employs me has the thing in subtitles in the first picture.
Never confirmed, but HK subs can be correct.