Spectreman

Want to see something? Do you see something we need to improve on? Place all suggestions here!
UltramanMeta777

Spectreman

Post by UltramanMeta777 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:20 pm

This is just my personal preference, but I would love to see Spectreman with English subs. the only thing we've got are these godawful English dubbed episodes that don't even contain the more violent moments due to censoring.

this series is very unique amongst the giant heroes, in that he associates himself with civil servants rather than a full funded paramilitary organization like most Ultra series, and the guy sometimes needs to ask for permission from his bosses in order to transform into Spectreman. I would LOVE to see this series fully subbed.
Exodus

Re: Spectreman

Post by Exodus » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:55 am

Yeah... this show was cool too... Kaiju subbed episode one me thinks a long time ago... can prb still catch it on Veoh...

Found it: http://www.veoh.com/watch/v869857hkWhexNa
utiti

Post by utiti » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:11 pm

UltramanMeta777 wrote:This is just my personal preference, but I would love to see Spectreman with English subs. the only thing we've got are these godawful English dubbed episodes that don't even contain the more violent moments due to censoring.

this series is very unique amongst the giant heroes, in that he associates himself with civil servants rather than a full funded paramilitary organization like most Ultra series, and the guy sometimes needs to ask for permission from his bosses in order to transform into Spectreman. I would LOVE to see this series fully subbed.
I fully subscribe to that notion. The English dub can easily be found on YT, but it's a pain to watch, what with all the censored stuff and such. Episode 4 is a perfect example of that, with the sudden "humans turned into gorillas" subplot at the end of the episode that makes very little sense, probably because we miss some explanatory scene.

Generally speaking, I wouldn't mind if some of the longest-running series such as this one got some sort of digest-treatment. I mean, it would be hard to find a group willing to wholly sub a series that is largely available in its dubbed version. But it would be nice to have, say, the first five and last five episodes of the series, to get a taste of it. Kinda like what the ARR subbing group was doing with anime (they were notorious for subbing only first episodes), but at least you'd get the ending to encapsulate the story.

Anyway, thanks to Exodus for the first episode.
Kaiju

Post by Kaiju » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:08 am

If we had a translator , I would sub it in a heartbeat.