Heisei Ultraseven 1994-2002

Want to see something? Do you see something we need to improve on? Place all suggestions here!
UltramanMeta777

Heisei Ultraseven 1994-2002

Post by UltramanMeta777 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:40 pm

You guys had to abandon fansubbing the series Ultraseven due to the official region 1 release of Ultraseven.

But, there are these official Ultraseven reunion specials that were done between 1994 and 2002 that you guys could and should take on unless Shout Factory plans on releasing those specials as well, which not a lot of people know about aside from the Japanese.

It would be the perfect way for you guys to still work on Ultraseven, just a different kind of ultraseven. :)
Exodus

Re: Heisei Ultraseven 1994-2002

Post by Exodus » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:00 pm

That was the plan... to sub those specials... but licensing in the states are a sticky wicket. Better to let sleepin dogs lie. Space Giants (Ambassador Magma) was in litigation for years, but that was because there was no clear owner of the ip... I remember reading about it and thinking it was kind of silly to do battle over a 40+ year old tv show... but that's how they do it here in the states.
UltramanMeta777

Post by UltramanMeta777 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:21 pm

oh...

well, there goes that idea.

I hate this whole licensing thing, it doesn't seem right or fair that we the fans have to suffer because douchebag from Thailand nearly destroys Tsuburaya's company and his legacy by forging signatures and stealing a damn seal from his office, which makes it pretty impossible for anything to be licensed properly here in America, at least from the 60's and 70's.

but really, what are the chances that the Ultraseven specials are going to receive a Region 1 release? that's about as likely as seeing JAKQ released on Region 1 DVD.

well, I hope you guys reconsider. unless we get official word from Shout Factory, and by some miracle they decide to release the Ultraseven specials. which doesn't seem very likely either.
Exodus

Post by Exodus » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:40 pm

Ultra Seven 35th Anniversary: EVOLUTION (2002) was subbed... hard to find though.
UltramanMeta777

Post by UltramanMeta777 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:33 am

I know. Im in the process of trying to get them. But im something of a completist and would love to see not just evolution but the ones leading up to it. But thats up to you guys. In the meantime, im gonna check out your subs of Ultraman Neos.
ultraredux

Post by ultraredux » Sat May 16, 2015 10:52 pm

I have translated ova 1994 operation solar energy into spanish and would be happy to translate to english if I have enough people interested
Exodus

Post by Exodus » Sun May 17, 2015 1:01 am

Did you translate it from Japanese to Spanish? Our intention was to get all those specials done... unfortunately Ultraseven got licensed here in the states. It was decent but a bit of a cash grab imho. Might be a risk for us... u could put it out on your own... like on Nyaa or somethin'... I know alot of peeps would like to see it, including me.
iwontuseanumber

Post by iwontuseanumber » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:03 am

So I know this is a rather old topic, but I sent in a general inquiry to Shout! Factory on a whim asking if there were plans to ever release the Heisei Ultra Seven stuff or if they're existing license covered those episodes, seems like Shout! Factory doesn't have the license to any of those episodes (or the Ultra Q movie for that matter).

https://imgur.com/gomgPl4

There's a copy of my exchange with them as proof. Not sure if there's still any interest in doing those at some point, but now that info is out there.
Exodus

Post by Exodus » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:36 pm

Well that is interesting... I'd say if we were more active/proactive we would jump on it... or at the least I would. I'd still like to see it subbed one day if not by us... by some group/pro/individual that's competent... My time, and someone else's, recently has been spent re-doing older projects... I don't think taking on something new is in the cards for us at the moment. I know there is a plethora of Ultraseven content outside of the series that probably a lot of fans are not aware of... For instance 'Ultraseven - The 300 Year Revenge' which we `did` do{shameless plug required, no offense intended...} It was basically a one-off story time with Anne. But I'm planning on re-doing that as well. Another factor to consider is 'Ultraman' in itself has been getting steadily released here in the States... apart from Jack/Ace/Taro...{although there are those Maylasian dvd's... do they count?} all the Heisei Ultraman stuff is covered series wise... {side-off rant} I wish the quality control was a little better. They could hire a monkey to do a once-over read and fix a lot of mistakes I've seen recently on 'professional' subs. With that said... I'm stand-offish on Ultraman at the moment... having worked on Gaia, Dyna, Neos, and Ultraseven... having those projects ripped away from you is a bit of a gut-punch...{too much work} but by the same token it's good to see 'official' releases of great tokusatsu... albeit it pains me to see poor quality subs on great shows... I guess my final thought on the matter is it probably won't be done by us... unless by some act of God/miracle. There are new/not so new groups popping up that do classic tokusatsu... you could pass along your queries to them... couldn't hurt... :)
harryumotust

Post by harryumotust » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:30 pm

Be careful because Shout Factory is not the only distributor in "the world".
Crunchyroll translated and streamed (maybe they still keep streaming?) Ultraseven X, if I remember correctly.
Sorry, I don't know. Poor Japanese like me are not allowed to enter Crunchyroll site.
Only Tsuburaya Productions knows the truth. They have the copy right. Shout Factory doesn't.

If suddenly Crunchyroll starts streaming Ultraseven Specials, 2 months after Exodus started working on the same shows...
We don't live forever. Value your own life.

At least, I will not translate Ultraseven Specials unless Tsuburaya Productions or Crunchyroll would pay me legally.