Mighty Jack & Fight! Mighty Jack

Want to see something? Do you see something we need to improve on? Place all suggestions here!
Millenial88

Re: Mighty Jack & Fight! Mighty Jack

Post by Millenial88 » Sat May 04, 2013 9:59 pm

Exodus wrote:Hmmm... Not if Shout picked up the rights to it... <==as you said... U7 got picked up and left us unable to finish it... or I should say we were done... but not allowed to release it...
At this point in time, I doubt that Shout is going to pick up the rights to the entire MJ series, the MST3K movie is another story. Besides, the only reason Ultraman and Ultraseven managed to find DVD releases was that Chaiyo has the western rights to those shows, excluding Mighty Jack.
Exodus

Post by Exodus » Sat May 04, 2013 11:31 pm

I guess anything is possible then... bare in mind we are the slowest fansubbers in the universe...
We refuse to put out fast/erroneous subs. :shock:
Kaiju

Post by Kaiju » Sat May 04, 2013 11:37 pm

Millenial88 wrote:
Exodus wrote:Hmmm... Not if Shout picked up the rights to it... <==as you said... U7 got picked up and left us unable to finish it... or I should say we were done... but not allowed to release it...
At this point in time, I doubt that Shout is going to pick up the rights to the entire MJ series, the MST3K movie is another story. Besides, the only reason Ultraman and Ultraseven managed to find DVD releases was that Chaiyo has the western rights to those shows, excluding Mighty Jack.
This is correct. You'll never see a 'legit' release of Mighty Jack or Fight MJ etc. if Toei or Tsuburaya has to be involved in any series. Too expensive. The only thing they could possibly release is the MST3K version and/or possibly the movie w/out Crow etc. tearing it apart.
Millenial88

Post by Millenial88 » Sun May 05, 2013 8:35 pm

Exodus wrote:I guess anything is possible then... bare in mind we are the slowest fansubbers in the universe...
We refuse to put out fast/erroneous subs. :shock:
Well, anticipation is sometimes sweeter than the actual catch. A lot of us have the patience (myself included)
Millenial88

Post by Millenial88 » Sun May 05, 2013 8:37 pm

Kaiju wrote:
Millenial88 wrote:
This is correct. You'll never see a 'legit' release of Mighty Jack or Fight MJ etc. if Toei or Tsuburaya has to be involved in any series. Too expensive. The only thing they could possibly release is the MST3K version and/or possibly the movie w/out Crow etc. tearing it apart.
Hardly anyone wants to sit through a Sandy Frank dub (at least unironically)
toothaction

Post by toothaction » Mon May 06, 2013 4:48 pm

Exodus wrote:U7 got picked up and left us unable to finish it... or I should say we were done... but not allowed to release it...
I understand it, but what a shame! The translations you all made were a pleasure to read and your rips looked so much better than the released full DVDs. Ah well. Hopefully the HnT version will make it out there some day.

No expectations on a MJ/F!MJ project, but a boy can dream!
ultrakaiju

Post by ultrakaiju » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:47 pm

I second toothaction's desire to see this series fan-subbed if possible. Definitely would love to watch some of the FMJ series especially. Heck, even simple quality rips of the official DVDs would be something extra special if that would be possible. I am highly skeptical of any future release coming from SF.
Kaiju

Post by Kaiju » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:35 am

ultrakaiju wrote:I second toothaction's desire to see this series fan-subbed if possible. Definitely would love to watch some of the FMJ series especially. Heck, even simple quality rips of the official DVDs would be something extra special if that would be possible. I am highly skeptical of any future release coming from SF.
I also would love to see it fansubbed/subtitled. It's never going to get a Shout Factory release. Again, any rights to Mighty Jack and Fight would have to be acquired directly through Tsuburaya and that's not going to happen because of the expense. Of course it's just speculation on my part, but I think it's a pretty easy prediction. The only reason Shout has been able to release anything is because of the cheaper rights they have been able to acquire via Golden Media etc. So a fansub is the only way. Anyone with a willing spare translator in their back pocket? heh
Pointer

Post by Pointer » Sat May 23, 2015 2:50 am

Been lurking here for years but finally signed up to the forum. You folks do awesome work.

Looks like it's been a year since the last post about Mighty Jack. I have the box set and it's a joy to watch, even raw. I know this would be a hard show to translate, but if you ever do...well...that would be as awesome as meeting Mr. Tsuburaya himself.
Millenial88

Post by Millenial88 » Sat May 23, 2015 7:02 am

Pointer wrote:Been lurking here for years but finally signed up to the forum. You folks do awesome work.

Looks like it's been a year since the last post about Mighty Jack. I have the box set and it's a joy to watch, even raw. I know this would be a hard show to translate, but if you ever do...well...that would be as awesome as meeting Mr. Tsuburaya himself.
+1!