Mighty Jack & Fight! Mighty Jack

Want to see something? Do you see something we need to improve on? Place all suggestions here!
Millenial88

Mighty Jack & Fight! Mighty Jack

Post by Millenial88 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:46 am

It was this Tsuburaya/Fuji TV show from 1968 centered around a team of secret agents aboard a flying submarine. The first 13 shows can best be described as Mission Impossible with a distinct 60s tokusatsu edge, but the next 26 episodes (Fight! Mighty Jack) return to the Giant Monster (and/or Alien) of The Week format. Of couse, many know it best (for good or ill) through the 80s Sandy Frank compilation film shown on MST3K, but the less anyone talks about that the better.

I'm watching the very first episode of this show right now completely RAW over on Dailymotion wishing I could follow the story properly. Why don't you guys give it a good translation job for a change?
Kaiju

Re: Mighty Jack & Fight! Mighty Jack

Post by Kaiju » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:30 am

I dig this show as well.
Millenial88

Post by Millenial88 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:01 am

Did you see any episodes of it? It is pretty damn fun to check out.

The big trick, of course, is how to get the DVDs from Japan. Are you guys capable?
Kaiju

Post by Kaiju » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:13 am

Millenial88 wrote:Did you see any episodes of it? It is pretty damn fun to check out.

The big trick, of course, is how to get the DVDs from Japan. Are you guys capable?
Both series DVDs are in my clutches.

A translator is always the biggest trick to fansubbing heh. I don't know if our godsend translator is up for a series at the moment or that series even. But I will let him speak for himself, I'm sure he will chime in eventually.
toothaction

Post by toothaction » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:27 pm

I've heard that the rights to Mighty Jack have been picked up by Shout! Factory, fingers crossed,, but no word on Fight! Mighty Jack .
Millenial88

Post by Millenial88 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:07 pm

toothaction wrote:I've heard that the rights to Mighty Jack have been picked up by Shout! Factory, fingers crossed,, but no word on Fight! Mighty Jack .
Are you sure it's the actual show and not the MST3K episode?

Should the case be the latter, then Shout is doing western Tsuburaya Prod. fans a service. First Ultraseven and now this!
Kaiju

Post by Kaiju » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:53 pm

The Mystery Science Theater versions yes. The series rights no. They would need that from Tsuburaya, which they obviously will never have for the same reason they won't/can't/can't afford etc. Ultraseven. And that's why they went the Chaiyo/Golden Media, whatever the F the company is, route.

On the same note, they are releasing/have rights to 'Johnny Sokko and His Flying Robot'. Note, the dub only is being released. Why? Because they would need to acquire the Japanese version rights from Toei, which would be super $$.
Millenial88

Post by Millenial88 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:23 pm

Well folks, the window is right there in front of you, all you need is a good translator.
toothaction

Post by toothaction » Sat May 04, 2013 9:04 pm

For the record - and no I don't expect results! - I'd like to request that episode 16 of Fight! Mighty Jack be subbed, as maybe a sideline treat. I love the beastie from it, Pakki, and would very much like a chance to see him in action.
Exodus

Post by Exodus » Sat May 04, 2013 9:14 pm

Hmmm... Not if Shout picked up the rights to it... <==as you said... U7 got picked up and left us unable to finish it... or I should say we were done... but not allowed to release it...