ultra Q

Want to see something? Do you see something we need to improve on? Place all suggestions here!
Exodus

Re: ultra Q

Post by Exodus » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:59 am

For Ultra Q fans...

Kaijucast episode 16: http://jumbofiles.com/x20nhixrwsam
toothaction

Post by toothaction » Mon May 06, 2013 5:49 pm

^^^ Kaiju just hipped me to that a couple of days ago in another thread. The above link is dead, but if you follow this one you can still grab it (or stream it) straight from the source. There's an extremely interesting interview in there with August Ragone about the birth, influences on and influences of Ultra Q. It begins at the 14 minute mark and culminates about 35 minutes later with a surfed out cover of the theme tune. I so wish I would have heard this chat when it first became available just about exactly three years ago.

On a related note...
In 1967... Tsuburaya provided translated scripts, plus English language opening and closing credits, and a custom, swirling title-card. The series itself was dubbed in its 28 episode entirety...
Ahhhhh! The truth, it burns!
ultrakaiju

Post by ultrakaiju » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:07 pm

Not to be the one specifically beating a dead horse or to be doing the annual revival of this thread, but I was just curious if any ongoing projects or discussions about doing a quality subbed version of Q have fallen by the wayside with the release of the SF dvds. I have heard mixed reviews, and in an ideal world would still love something sourced from the Japanese licensed releases (well, without having to shell out 700$ that is, for colourised versions even). :oops:
Kaiju

Post by Kaiju » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:35 pm

ultrakaiju wrote:Not to be the one specifically beating a dead horse or to be doing the annual revival of this thread, but I was just curious if any ongoing projects or discussions about doing a quality subbed version of Q have fallen by the wayside with the release of the SF dvds. I have heard mixed reviews, and in an ideal world would still love something sourced from the Japanese licensed releases (well, without having to shell out 700$ that is, for colourised versions even). :oops:
It's subbed by Shout Factory. No matter who likes to say what about the translations/subs/ or 'legitimacy' of them because of Golden Media/ Chaiyo blah blah blah. They are legitimate and we won't be touching them.. Same as what happened and why we had to drop doing Ultraseven. They are a legitimate domestic release. Therefore = dead.
Exodus

Post by Exodus » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:36 am

We were close to doing this show... I think it's safe to say all Showa Ultra's are going to get a region 1 eventually...
ultrakaiju

Post by ultrakaiju » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:44 pm

Oops, sorry about that. I didn't mean to imply or suggest doing anything untowards. What I actually was trying to say was the quality of the video itself, not necessarily taking issues with the SF subbing (Golden Media and Chaiyo issues aside). Anyway, legitimate R1 release is the way to go then. I was more just checking to see what, if anything, people had worked on. Thanks Kaiju!