Lion Maru

Want to see something? Do you see something we need to improve on? Place all suggestions here!
Bakamonster

Lion Maru

Postby Bakamonster » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:32 pm

You guys ever think of taking a crack at a few episodes of Lion Maru?

I'd love to know whAT'S REALLY GOING ON ON THAT SHOW...sorry, caps lock was on. :mrgreen:
Kaiju

Re: Lion Maru

Postby Kaiju » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:21 pm

Which one? Kaiketsu

or Fuun

hehe. I like them both, but Kaiketsu is one of my favorite shows.
Bakamonster

Postby Bakamonster » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:02 am

Actually it would be cool to see a few of each, or at least the first episodes.

I think I had found a subbed version of Kaiketsu #1 on NYAA torrents at one point, so seeing Fuun #1 dubbed would be great too.

In a perfect world though I would probably rather see all of Kaiketsu first.

Lion Maru to me seems like one of the few shows that uses Tokusatsu for more of a mystical experience than a sci-fi one. Others that come to mind are Henshin Ninja Arashi, Demon Hunter Mitsurugi and Akakage.
Kaiju

Postby Kaiju » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:39 am

Bakamonster wrote:Actually it would be cool to see a few of each, or at least the first episodes.

I think I had found a subbed version of Kaiketsu #1 on NYAA torrents at one point, so seeing Fuun #1 dubbed would be great too.

In a perfect world though I would probably rather see all of Kaiketsu first.

Lion Maru to me seems like one of the few shows that uses Tokusatsu for more of a mystical experience than a sci-fi one. Others that come to mind are Henshin Ninja Arashi, Demon Hunter Mitsurugi and Akakage.

Exactly. And that's why I like it so much, as it combines some of my favorites: Tokusatsu/Jidai Geki/bit of fantastical. And if you like those you may want to check out the film The Magic Serpent, aka Kairyu daikessen You're sure to recognize some sets and props etc. from Akakage in it heh. Here is a taste: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3ewgvmXKoI ...or maybe you know of it already.
harryumotust

Postby harryumotust » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:49 am

Onmitsu Kenshi
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Samturai_(TV_series)

Akuma-kun
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akuma-kun

These are non-Sci-Fi Tokusatsu TV dramas.
I'm on a mobile device now. Links aren't optimized for desktop.
DiegoHistorian

Postby DiegoHistorian » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:01 pm

The Fuun Lion Maru was aired in full in Brazil (only country outside Japan).
In the future I will try to sub it using the portuguese dubbing as basis if nothing better is out by then.
Kaiju

Postby Kaiju » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:56 am

DiegoHistorian wrote:The Fuun Lion Maru was aired in full in Brazil (only country outside Japan).
In the future I will try to sub it using the portuguese dubbing as basis if nothing better is out by then.

While that effort is appreciated, there is too much lost and/or just made up from translating (dubs) a translation ....also I am already in possession of such a thing heh :shock:

Return to “Suggestions”