The Skaro Hunting Society

Here, There, Everywhere, discuss anything here
utiti

The Skaro Hunting Society

Post by utiti » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:16 am

Nanto's blog, The Skaro Hunting Society, seems to have been taken down by blogger. IIRC, Nanto and HnT once worked on Dororo as a joint project, so I guess it's okay to mention it here.

Does anyone knows what the situation is? Several of Nanto's projects have been licensed, but he has always suppressed links to such series the moment he got wind of the official release. I suppose his blog was taken down because of copyright holders getting restless, but it's pretty unfair, in a way. I'm not sure Giant Gorg, Dororo or Mach Go Go Go would have been on these guys' radar if Nanto hadn't made them available for the public's sampling pleasure.
Kaiju

Re: The Skaro Hunting Society

Post by Kaiju » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:04 pm

We don't know why his blog is down, but I speculated that possibility as well. Although Luurah is still up and running, maybe Nanto did not delete his links and the copyright gods shot him down. I felt the timing was peculiar and if that's the reason it would most likely be because of Mach Go Go Go. As I said, it's pure speculation. I have emailed him asking about it, but I have received no reply thus far.

Yes, we are quite familiar with releasing something and getting it used for some "companies radar" so they can profit from it. Grrrrrrr. It's quite a nauseating feeling. But what can you do in the "rule of law". If I get any word from Nanto, I will share it here.
Kaiju

Post by Kaiju » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:40 am

...And here be the answer from Nanto:

" Google has a three strikes policy when companies submit copyright claims against pages on Blogger, after the third claim they shut down your blog. I've lost countless YouTube channels for the same reason, so I'm pretty used to it by now. New site is here: https://skarohuntingsociety.wordpress.com/ "
utiti

Post by utiti » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:42 am

Great news! Thanks for sharing it.