Showa era Ultraseries dubbed in English

Here, There, Everywhere, discuss anything here
toothaction

Showa era Ultraseries dubbed in English

Post by toothaction » Sat May 04, 2013 8:55 pm

Okay, correct me if I'm wrong:
Only episode 3 of Ultra Q was dubbed.
All of Ultraman was dubbed.
All of Ultraseven was dubbed, but the originals were lost. That Canadian dub TNT used doesn't count!
Only the first four episodes of Return of Ultraman were dubbed.
Many of the Ultraman Ace episodes were dubbed, but not 5 & 6, 23 & 24, 29 & 30 and 35 through 52.
All of Ultraman Taro was dubbed.
Ultraman Leo and Ultraman 80 were never dubbed

Beyond confirmation of the above, I'm hoping that someone can point me to rips of the Englished-up Ace and Taro episodes. I'm usually pretty good at ferreting this kind of stuff out but am striking out completely lately.

Thanks in advance!
toothaction

Re: Showa era Ultraseries dubbed in English

Post by toothaction » Sat May 04, 2013 10:30 pm

Best news I've heard in a while! I've now flooded his pages and inbox with praise. Thanks for the link.

Hopefully answers will trickle my way for my initial question at some point.
Kaiju

Post by Kaiju » Sat May 04, 2013 11:45 pm

toothaction wrote:Okay, correct me if I'm wrong:
Only episode 3 of Ultra Q was dubbed.
All of Ultraman was dubbed.
All of Ultraseven was dubbed, but the originals were lost. That Canadian dub TNT used doesn't count!
Only the first four episodes of Return of Ultraman were dubbed.
Many of the Ultraman Ace episodes were dubbed, but not 5 & 6, 23 & 24, 29 & 30 and 35 through 52.
All of Ultraman Taro was dubbed.
Ultraman Leo and Ultraman 80 were never dubbed

Beyond confirmation of the above, I'm hoping that someone can point me to rips of the Englished-up Ace and Taro episodes. I'm usually pretty good at ferreting this kind of stuff out but am striking out completely lately.

Thanks in advance!
To update some of your info, from what I read and what should presumably be a non-BS source... Ultra Q was dubbed entirely in a Canadian dubhouse. It never made it to broadcast or sold because at the time color was becoming the huge thing in TV. And Q being in b&w, well no one wanted to pick it up. This was some time ago, but supposedly only 2 eps were "missing" for the dubs in recent searches amongst the vaults. So who knows, by now maybe all eps of the dub have been recovered/found.

Also, Ultraman 80, I have 1-4 eps dubbed. I don't know how many other if any were dubbed, but at least eps 1-4 are dubbed for sure.

Ace dubs you can search ADC, someone has synched up and added some of the dubs with the R2's. Not all, but the 1st couple are done. Along with vol. 1 of Return of Ultraman I believe.
toothaction

Post by toothaction » Sun May 05, 2013 2:07 am

Thanks for all that, Kaiju. It was actually the synched up dubs of Ace at ADC that got me hunting for rips of those episodes. I already have the whole series raw so I was hoping to find a source for avi-type rips - Comcast's bandwidth caps are a pain! I think I may have found a source for the Taro dubs, but nothing online yet. I'd still like to find that. I grabbed the Return of Dubs years back, but have yet to find the 80s anywhere. Perhaps you could point me in the right direction for those (via PM?).

Hadn't heard that about Q yet - I'll have to go hunting for your source!
Kaiju

Post by Kaiju » Sun May 05, 2013 3:26 am

toothaction wrote:Hadn't heard that about Q yet - I'll have to go hunting for your source!
I believe this is the source : http://www.kaijucast.com/podcast/Kaijuc ... ode016.mp3

As far as 80 dubs, I bought it on VHS at a Con many millenia ago. It's obvious Malaysian English dubs like all those others. All my VHS are in storage. I think I VHS-->DVDR'ed it before I put my tapes in storage, but no clue where the disc is amongst the mess at the moment. I've never come across 80 dubs online.
xiaNaix

Post by xiaNaix » Thu May 09, 2013 5:28 am

Only the first ten episodes of Ultraman 80 are available in Malay English dub.
Kaiju

Post by Kaiju » Fri May 10, 2013 1:47 am

xiaNaix wrote:Only the first ten episodes of Ultraman 80 are available in Malay English dub.
Thanxxx for that info. I wouldn't mind finding those myself. Just for the 'F' of it.
toothaction

Post by toothaction » Fri May 10, 2013 4:44 pm

Kaiju - thank you for the link to that podcast, I missed it the first time it was shared around here.

xiaNaix - Interesting news. Hopefully somebody will be able to scare those up, I'd love to give them a listen.
lmsoo

Post by lmsoo » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:30 pm

Here's a confirmation about the exact number of English-dubbed episodes of "Return Of Ultraman", "Ultraman Ace" and "Ultraman 80" series that were released on home video by a Malaysian-based video distributor, Speedy Video in the 1990s:

RETURN OF ULTRAMAN: Episodes 1 through episodes 40. The remaining 11 episodes were never released. Whether these were also dubbed is unknown. Available on VHS only.

ULTRAMAN ACE: All episodes were dubbed and released on VHS (episodes 1 - 52).

ULTRAMAN 80: Episodes 1 through 10. The remaining episodes are available in the Malay-dubbed langauage only. Available on VCD only.

I can confirm this information because I have all the above VHS/VCD in my collection.
Kaiju

Post by Kaiju » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:26 pm

lmsoo wrote:Here's a confirmation about the exact number of English-dubbed episodes of "Return Of Ultraman", "Ultraman Ace" and "Ultraman 80" series that were released on home video by a Malaysian-based video distributor, Speedy Video in the 1990s:

RETURN OF ULTRAMAN: Episodes 1 through episodes 40. The remaining 11 episodes were never released. Whether these were also dubbed is unknown. Available on VHS only.

ULTRAMAN ACE: All episodes were dubbed and released on VHS (episodes 1 - 52).

ULTRAMAN 80: Episodes 1 through 10. The remaining episodes are available in the Malay-dubbed langauage only. Available on VCD only.

I can confirm this information because I have all the above VHS/VCD in my collection.
Ooh, I would love to have all those dubs heh. Thanks for contributing that info. I never knew Ace was all dubbed. I know Taro was dubbed in full (53 eps) , but never knew Ace was also.