Demon Hunter Mitsurugi 8-12

Hunting Demons all night long
Exodus

Demon Hunter Mitsurugi 8-12

Post by Exodus » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:23 am

We just released a batch of Demon Hunter Mitsurugi episodes 8-12... and with that this show is now complete...
harryumotust

Re: Demon Hunter Mitsurugi 8-12

Post by harryumotust » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:20 pm

bountydog

Post by bountydog » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:32 pm

harryumotust wrote:Image
I'm glad the translator is still alive despite this announcement, becuase thanks to him and to you guys we are enjoyng such nice shows like Mikazuki! About the Demon hunter Mitsurugi...well, I guess I'm a lover for underdogs but I really loved the series. The stop motion monsters really were the magnet that attrcted me to start viewing the show but the action wasn't really that bad (evn if at the middle of the series the started shamelessy re-using combat scene just too often). Ninja, horror, magic, aliens... a bizzare mix that I found really enjoyable. The overall design of the series is a bit sparse but really not bad: some monsters designs are weaker than others the but the stop motion technique and the effect used really helped creating that surreal and "different" feeling about the battles. anyway some monster really were well relized and imaginative like the first armored enemy and the awesome spider-skeleton hybrid! :D Plus, being a huge fan of Lion-maru (they imported the series here in Italy in the'80 but now is vanished) everytime I see a toku that use such setting I get instantaneously hooked. It's sad the series didn't managed to grab attention at its times!
Kaiju

Post by Kaiju » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:05 pm

Yes, I also love this show because I am a stop-motionaholic. But it also brings a number of unique things to the tokusatsu genre, which make this unfortunately short-lived obscurity stand out. Bit of an acquired taste, only for people with good taste haha.
harryumotust

Post by harryumotust » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:37 pm

I love stop-motion, too. That's why I decided to translate Mitsurugi.
I like small objects in stop-motion. Like the straw man who shoots an arrow in the... 2nd (was it?) episode. And the self-locomotive sword with legs.
But, the show was a translator killer after all. Ginga and Suisei's vocal skills in acting sucked.
MarcoReus

Post by MarcoReus » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:44 am

Is a wonderful game